The Scott Suite is next door to x-ray on the ground floor at the Friarage Hospital.
All new GP referrals to the breast service will be seen in one of the weekly breast assessment clinics, held on a Tuesday morning and a Friday morning.
Patients will be examined by a doctor and may have a mammogram, ultrasound scan and biopsy if appropriate.
Our team includes:
- Lead consultant breast surgeon Mr Imtiaz Cheema
- Team of specialty doctors
- Breast specialist nurses for support, advice and information
- Cancer care coordinator for support, advice and information
Where will I have my surgery?
- Breast surgery for cancer and benign surgery is usually performed at the Friarage, occasionally it may be performed at James Cook if medically required.
- Patients having day case surgery will attend the surgical admissions unit.
- Patients requiring an overnight stay will be on the post operative surgical day unit (POSDU).
- There is a specialist nurse drop-in clinic every Wednesday from 1pm to 3pm in the Scott Suite for past patients – replacement prosthetics are available at this clinic.
- There is a monthly bra clinic – appointment only – for past and present patients. For an appointment please call 01609 764622.
- There is a monthly breast cancer support group in the Scott Suite – details in local press or from the Scott Suite.
- There is a monthly support group for those with secondary breast cancer – details from the specialist nurses in the Scott Suite.
- A wig fitting service is available in the Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre – appointment only.
Chemotherapy is given at the Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre at the Friarage Hospital.
Radiotherapy is performed at James Cook in Middlesbrough.