- 12 consultant team covering all areas of urological expertise (except complex paediatrics and transplantation)
- Cancer centre for CCA for major complex and laparoscopic surgery in conjunction with medical and clinical oncology
- Teesside centre for complex stone surgery and ESWL with interventional radiology
- Regional spinal injuries urology service
- Support for Teesside nephrology, transplant and dialysis service
- Support for CCA gynae-oncology service
- Consultant led sessions at University Hospital of North Tees (Stockton and Hartlepool), and Darlington Memorial Hospital
- Specialist nurses in andrology, continence, prostate and bladder cancer with nurse-led outreach service
- Clinical research interests include prostate cancer and multicentre trials
The James Cook University Hospital
Urology is based on the surgical floor at James Cook offering care to Level 2 (HDU) with access to 23 hour and day case beds.
Urological emergencies are admitted to acute admissions unit. James Cook has a dedicated urology theatre.
- Wards 5 and 8 – non-elective surgical wards with general surgery, urology and gynaecology patients.
- Ward 7 – elective (planned) surgical ward with general surgery, urology and gynaecology patients.